Tomorrow’s Netcore – 1
The past two years have been a period that few foresaw. We lived through a pandemic that will for many of us become a defining period in our lives. Digital grew rapidly, compressing many years of growth. Work from home/anywhere entered out culture. There has also been massive capital inflows into many businesses as cheap money from central banks flooded the world. India is at the cusp of an entrepreneurship era. Innovation is remaking many industries. But even as things change, there are some constants. Innovation and marketing will always be at the heart of every business. That is what we in Netcore need to remember.
Bootstrapping our way to $100 million in ARR has been no mean achievement. When I began Netcore, the goal was to get to 10 crore in revenue. (IndiaWorld was 3 crore when it was acquired.) The 10 become 100, and now it is 1000. We have perhaps taken much longer than we should have to get to this stage, but that is now in the past. We need to look ahead to a new future – keeping some of the things that have got us this far, unlearning a few that hold us back, and imbibing new ideas to build better. We need to chart a new path to drive exponential forever profitable growth of our own and create what is the ultimate moat – a “profipoly” (profits monopoly).
Netcore, together with Unbxd and future partners, has a great opportunity to create a global B2B SaaS company from India – focused not just on developed markets but also in emerging markets, and be among the one of the world’s leading Digital Experience Platforms (DXP). US-based enterprise customers today don’t shy away from buying good Indian products. Brands globally need to build better relationships with their customers; Netcore has many of the solutions that can help them do that. A greater focus on existing customers will also end the $200 billion of “adwaste” that is the single biggest pain point faced by business leaders. Businesses which can help brands create more stickiness, better engagement and greater loyalty will be the successes in tomorrow’s world – not just enriching the lives of their customers but also winning their hearts and money.
Tomorrow’s Netcore must empower modern marketers in global mid and large brands with full-stack AI-first martech platform, layered with innovations and complemented by KPI-focused customer success teams.
- Netcore’s solutions enable creation of data-driven long-term relationships,
- superior conversations, engagement and experiences
- delivering on the 4Rs (right person, right message, right channel, right time),
- which leads to better retention, reactivation and referrals,
- which in turn leads to reduction of wasteful adtech spending,
- thus maximising CLV, especially from Best Customers, and
- driving exponential forever profitable growth
Tomorrow’s Netcore must offer the Genius of AND which eliminates the Tyranny of OR for modern marketers
- Be the world’s first integrated progency (Product AND Agency)
- which offers platform AND owns KPIs
- is comprehensive AND cost-effective
- delivering point solutions AND full stack
- leveraging the power of machines AND humans
- powering profits AND growth
My hope is that this Netcore of the future can become an institution that outlasts me and even the current leadership team. Marketing as a function is never going away in brands, and hopefully, neither will Netcore.