‘Tis the season to be jolly…fa la la la la la…
The holiday shopping season is here and has picked up the customer engagement steam!
After an unexpected year of events, most brands are looking to capitalize on the merriment of the season. This is where planning early and prioritizing online efforts to improve customer engagement comes into play.
But, a successful holiday sales strategy in 2020 requires much more than an online presence. To compete during one of the busiest and most unprecedented seasons yet, you need to create meaningful connections with customers, offer personalized omnichannel experiences, and provide holiday shoppers with added conveniences and peace of mind.
It’s important for you, now more than ever, to create that competitive advantage, strike the right chord with your customers, create brand loyalty…and, all of this while being data-driven and ROI-focused.
This year, brands are facing new challenges and many unknowns:
- Customer behavior – in terms of digital adoption and shopping patterns – has wildly shifted during the pandemic and expectations from brands have increased
- The e-commerce industry experienced five years of digital transformation in two months due to the global pandemic. This means immersive technology like AI-powered personalization, AI-led product recommendations, etc. are no longer seen as nice-to-haves, rather crucial to facilitate a memorable customer experience at scale
Bank on our reliable AI-Engine, Raman to help you face your challenges effectively and eliminate the unknowns. Be sure to get repeat sales, increased AOV, improved CLTV, increased ROI, effective customer engagement, and sky-rocketing customer retention.
We have a simple 3-step, Raman-driven solution:
- Identify the right customers to target
Don’t waste your time, energy, and marketing dollars on a generic marketing campaign with little to no smart segmentation!
You’re a Growth Manager at an e-commerce brand. You’ve been charged with increasing your sales by 8-10%, and are looking for a ‘strong finish’ to 2020.
What’s your strategy?
- Do you Identify the products you want to offer deep discounts on?
- Do you send this generic marketing communication across all channels to your entire customer database?
And, then hope for the best?
Is this marketing ROI-optimized?
Will this approach really help you scale your sales and revenues?
All brands are doing the same thing…How are you doing it differently?
Enter Raman with his super-power feature Predictive Segments!
With this feature you can easily identify the following:
- Customers who are likely to engage with your campaign
- Customers who are likely to purchase in the next 7 days
- Customers who are likely to convert through cross-selling campaigns
- Customers who are likely to go dormant on your mobile app and/or website
- Mobile app users who are likely to uninstall your app, etc.
It’s quite effortless – you tell Raman the concern you want to address, and he’ll quickly analyze your data to create 3 micro-segments for you: Most Likely, Fairly Likely, and Less Likely, like this:
You can then select the desired customer segment you want to target. As a smart marketer, you know you should be targeting the “most likely/fairly likely” micro-segment.
You can then send targeted personalized marketing campaigns across the right channels or through customer journeys tailor-made to these customers.
It’s a simple correlation: More the visibility on the potential actions of your customer base, the greater the probability of you engaging with the most relevant customers – thus, ensuring guaranteed conversions.
Once you know who to target, your mind will automatically think about an ROI-focused customer engagement strategy.
That brings us to our 2nd step:
- Where, When, and How to target these customers
Optimizing your campaigns to drive impactful engagement and conversions with your targeted customers will be your next goal.
What if we told you that you can further optimize your marketing expenditure and still see skyrocketing conversions?
It’s a dream come true, isn’t it?
Let’s see how Raman can help you with this.
You have identified the customer segment you want to target. But, now you need to identify the right channel to engage with this customer segment on. In this era of omnichannel engagement, you can leverage a host of channels such as email, WhatsApp, app push notifications, web push notifications, etc.
But, even within a customer segment, there are nano-segments of customers that display different behavior, in terms of their interaction with your marketing campaigns across channels.
For instance: Let’s say Ann, your target customer, checks only her emails and that too at 11:00 AM. Joe, another target customer responds only to app push notifications and at 6:00 PM. When you have access to this data and these granular insights with you, why not leverage it?
You would send Ann an email at 11:00 AM and Joe an app push notification at 6:00 PM. Isn’t it?
And just like that, you broke past the clutter and captured both their attention on a channel of their preference.
This is what Raman’s amazing Send Time Optimization and Preferred Channel feature can do for you.
A quick sneak peek into how Raman’s Send Time Optimization works:
Once the ‘Where and When’ part is nailed. Let’s see how Raman can help you capture your customer’s attention.
Tone and language insights can also drive your communication efforts. If your campaign title can’t convey the relevant appropriateness, your messages will go unopened.
Let’s say you want to use a campaign title relevant to the Christmas sale season and deliver it across email and app push notifications.
See for yourself how Raman can help you optimize this campaign title to ensure you grab your customers’ attention and thus, increase engagement and conversion:
Raman gives you insights on the following:
- Title score
- Predictions on the probability of customers clicking
- Suggestions on high-conversion keywords to further improve your campaign titles
See for yourself a demo on how Raman can help you optimize your campaign title, go on try it!
With the first 2 steps, you can be sure to run impactful marketing campaigns while uplifting your marketing ROI.
And, with Raman on your team – never miss out on the golden opportunity to target the right customers, on the right channel, at the right time, and with the right message.
But is this enough, are we done once the marketing campaign is executed?
This brings us to our final step.
- Track your campaign’s performance and know why something went right or wrong
To do this you need a 360-degree view of your customers. These are individual customer profiles containing all relevant, rich, and real-time data. But for you in reality this means: sifting through various data-points and dashboards to analyze your customer campaign performance data and then deriving these insights can be time-consuming and manually painful!
Let’s break down the required insights into 3-simple questions:
- What happened with my campaign?
- Why is it happening?
- What can I do next?
Raman helps you answer all these questions!
He does the data-crunching heavy-lifting for you!
Let’s dive a little deeper, this is what he does:
- He keeps a close watch on your data-24*7, observes patterns, trends, and abnormalities.
- When an abnormality – good or bad – is detected, Raman raises a green or a red flag in the form of contextual alerts on the Raman Insights dashboard even when you are away.
Raman will critically analyze all relevant data-points to produce fresh insights every day. You can then decide which insight you want to act on to further optimize your campaigns.
He will track metrics like:
- Overall Revenue
- Average Revenue Per Paying User
- Daily Active Users
- App Uninstalls
- Monthly Active Users
Not just that, you can also tell Raman to track custom activities and funnel conversion events that are relevant to your business. Based on your KPIs, let Raman know what you need insights on, and for the duration, you need it and leave the rest to him!
- He gives you the “why” behind every insight so that you can act on the root cause.
Let’s say your revenue dropped on 9th December 2020, see what Raman does:
- Let’s say the special campaign that you ran for Christmas, the CTRs from email or website conversions could have affected your revenue – positively or negatively. He’ll tell you that!
- Your app downloads or uninstalls, web message views, your daily active users, click rate of your app push notifications, etc. could affect your revenue positively or negatively. He’ll shortlist the most plausible reasons for the change in revenue
- He’ll go one step further and point out the campaign on a particular channel that contributed positively or negatively to your revenue
- Based on the above insights, Raman will suggest corrective actions to reverse a negative trend or how you can double-down on a positive trend. In short: Raman tells you what to do next!
While you are on the dashboard, Raman will remind you to optimize your email subject lines to get higher conversions, remind you to re-engage with customers who are ‘most likely to churn,’ or nudge you and ensure you use the right channel and choose the right time to communicate with your customers 1:1.
Isn’t he the smartest friend you can bank on, as a digital or mobile marketer?
Indeed….’tis the season to be jolly!
As a marketer, you shouldn’t spend most of your time grappling with data. You need to focus on creating more bandwidth to craft, strategize, and execute powerful omnichannel marketing campaigns. You need to identify how you can deliver personalized customer experiences at scale. Consistently and at an optimum cost.
And, with Raman by your side – you get to do just that!
Allow his power-packed features and capabilities to fuel your marketing strategy and increase marketing efficiency by helping you:
- Identify the right target customers
- Targeting those customers at the right time, with the right message, and across relevant personalized touchpoints, to capture their attention will become seamless
And most importantly,
Analyzing your campaigns, to identify what went wrong/right and why becomes less time consuming and data-backed insights are more impactful to act on.
Are you ready to embrace a stress-free holiday sales season and adopt an AI-led marketing strategy approach? Let’s do it together, shall we?