As a detailed study of 100 billion emails across 22 industry verticals and actionable insights, the Netcore Email Benchmark Report 2022 is the gold standard for global email marketing. The report calls attention to the changing customer behavior, emerging technologies, and responsive strategies.
Throughout the worldwide pandemic, email marketing became a reliable and effective channel to connect with customers. Email marketers focused more on interactivity, segmentation, and privacy to create a great customer experience. The constantly evolving email industry made giant strides toward customization and automation. The Netcore Email Benchmark Report 2022 is an enormous storehouse of information on the email industry encompassing statistics, inferences, and recommendations.
What does the Netcore Email Benchmark Report 2022 cover?
The report includes the study of email marketing campaigns sent by Netcore’s clients using email delivery, campaign management, and automation solutions. Two platforms of Netcore handled the emails::
- Customer Engagement and Experience
- Email API
The analytics and insights include customer behavior, email metrics, global benchmarks, and challenges for industries spread across five geographies. You will also find expert recommendations to help you enhance your email strategy for 2022.
(1) Analysis of 100 billion emails using ten key metrics
Each brand analyzed in the report sends at least ten million emails per month, providing a sizable sample of data. The results constitute an examination of 100 billion emails sent to customers globally. To assess the data and to infer global email marketing trends, Netcore Cloud teams driving the report have used the undermentioned metrics:
- Email bounce
- Email churn
- Best day to send emails
- Worst day to send emails
- Subject line length
- Average spam complaint
(2) Study of emails across 22 industry verticals
The report contains email data from a diverse set of industry verticals:
(3) Data on the adoption of advanced technologies
Email marketing across industries is seeing a rise in the adoption of AI/ML, AMP, BIMI, send time optimization, subject line optimization, smart segmentation, and more. You will find data and insights on the adoption trends and the goals achieved using the above technologies.
(4) Impact of Apple’s Mail Privacy Protection(MPP)
Since Apple launched MPP in September 2020, email marketers have been rethinking their email strategies. There is an increasing need for new metrics to understand the health of email programs. The report includes a careful study of opens and false opens to gauge the impact of Apple MPP. You will also find actionable insights to respond to the declining significance of opens as a metric in the post-Apple MPP world.
(5) Insight-based marketing strategies for 2022
The report equips you with action points considering current and future email marketing trends. You will learn about strategies that keep yielding results and those that don’t. You can use the suggestions to give direction to your future marketing plans.
What will you learn from the Netcore Email Benchmark Report 2022?
The report is a comprehensive study of global email trends, critical email metrics, AI/ML advances, email innovations, AMP, and BIMI. You can use this report to:
- Understand email trends with an in-depth analysis of emails sent by our inspiring global customers
- Match your performance to global benchmarks with insights on customer behavior and email metrics
- Stay informed of the challenges in your industry, the actions needed to solve them, and focus areas to implement solutions
Here is what you can do to approach the report methodically.
(1) Study the engagement and content metrics patterns
The report provides not just the numbers but also the interpretations of the benchmarks across industries/regions. You can make better sense of data with logical explanations for reported numbers. You will also find global averages for several metrics outlining the shifts in email marketing trends. Let us look at an extract from the report detailing subject line length analysis and the best day/worst day to send emails data:
- The optimum subject line length with the highest open rates is 30-35 characters with spaces. Any subject line over 36 characters in length (including the spaces) gets automatically truncated in the mobile display. The viewer sees only a broken view of your subject line – cut off at the 37th character – leading to incomplete and unappealing information.
- Every day of the week can be the best or the worst day to send marketing emails; it depends on the industry. For example, while Thursday is the best day to send emails for Deals, Foodtech, IT/Services, and Job portals industries, Thursday is the worst day to send emails for Loyalty programs and Insurance industries. In general, emails sent on weekdays get better engagement than those sent on weekends.
(2) Learn more about AI automation and innovations in emails
Rapidly changing consumer behavior continues to alter the course of email marketing. To make steady advances in such a dynamic environment, email marketers have been adopting AI/ML technologies and newer technical standards. Here are the things that are shaping the future of email marketing:
- Send time optimization
- Subject line optimization
- AMP emails
- BIMI standard
Some excerpts from the report:
- The average DMARC adoption across industries is around 50%. Ecommerce and e-grocery companies need to improve their adoption of DMARC standards as an increased dependency from consumers makes them vulnerable to phishing attacks.
- The banking and ecommerce industries have been the highest adopters of AMP technology in 2021. The banking industry has used AMP for emails to create engaging surveys and KYC forms that customers can fill out within the email. Ecommerce marketers have used AMP to showcase products better and address the issue of abandoned carts.
(3) Measure, match, and enhance your marketing plan
Email experts at Netcore have thoroughly studied, analyzed, and derived action points that help you pave your way forward. The report includes solutions for Apple MPP, recommendations for AI adoption, and more. Here are a few snippets:
- Collecting zero-party data will assume huge importance in 2022, as the first-party data becomes unreliable for marketing decisions.
- Start telling stories and weaving narratives through your email content. They will prove more effective when coupled with interactive technologies like AMP for emails.
You will find several more relevant and exciting insights throughout the Netcore Email Benchmark Report 2022. It is a vast source of information that you can use to redefine and enrich your email marketing program.
Email 2.0 is emerging as the next evolutionary stage in email communication. The innovative elements in Email 2.0 reduce acquisition costs, solve attention recession, gather zero-party data, and drive profitable growth. Innovations like AMP, Ems, and hooked score, among others, are laying the foundation at Netcore for Email 2.0, which will take the ROI to even greater heights.
Connect with us to understand how you can benefit from our expertise and experience – we send over 18 billion emails a month on behalf of businesses across 18 countries.
Click here to get full access to the Netcore Email Benchmark Report 2022.