Valid email addresses are the foundation of any business looking for successful email marketing. It is very important to confirm that your list of email addresses is valid, error-free and if in fact, they really exist. Errors happen sometimes and occasionally when your visitors make typos with their email addresses while subscribing to your list. They are in a hurry to get past the “Enter Email” field or they are on mobile with “fat fingers”. They may misspell their name or accidentally type two letters instead of one, which leads to an invalid email address. Despite these issues, how exactly can one get a good volume of quality email addresses that are valid and error-free? The best solution would be to use Email Validation.
What is Email Validation?
Email Validation is a procedure that verifies if an email address is deliverable and valid. It runs a swift process that catches typos, whether they are honest mistakes or purposeful misdirects. It also confirms if a particular email address exists with a reliable domain such as Gmail or Yahoo. This not only helps in organizing and cleaning your list of email addresses but also helps in protecting your email sender score, maximizing the efficiency of your email program.
How does Email Validation work?
Most email service providers (ESPs) provide email validation services. There are many free tools that also validate email addresses; ValidateEmailAddress, EmailValidator and Pabbly Email Verification are few of such examples.
First, you need to bulk upload your list of email IDs. Email validation tools will then make some quick checks to determine whether the email addresses are valid, risky or invalid.
Valid: This means that the email address exists, and it is error free. This verification will be complete to the mailbox level.
Risky: This means the recipient exists but there are other factors that indicate that this address could still result in a bounce.
Invalid: If an email address is marked as invalid, it contains syntax errors, DNS errors and/or mailbox errors.
How Does Email Validation Help?
Validating your emailing list before executing email marketing campaigns has its own benefits.
- It increases delivery rates up to 98%, improving your email deliverability by removing all invalid email addresses from your list.
- It helps you to maintain a high Sender Score, increasing deliverability.
- By not sending emails to invalid users, you’ll save money and increase ROI.
- You’ll have a higher conversion rate; more emails that arrive in inboxes means higher opens and clicks, and better performance overall.
Different ways in which Email Validation can be done:
1. When a customer is typing in their email address you can add an auto-complete feature that allows them to select the appropriate email address. This reduces the error of manual entry
2. Use a third party tool like Clearout and Pabbly Email Verification that can give you real-time feedback of whether an email address is correct or not.
3. Double opt-in is the best way to validate email addresses. If your customers sign up for your email list or newsletter, send them an email that requests them to validate by responding. Many people don’t like this option, as it may reduce your overall opt-in rates, but we believe it is better to have good data.
How does Pepipost validate your email addresses?
Pepipost is a Good Senders Community, which means that we want to keep spam rates low and maintain high deliverability of emails for our clients. To ensure that emails are not sent to incorrect addresses, we automatically drop email addresses with incorrect syntax and do not make any attempt to deliver these emails to protect your email reputation.
We use the following regular expression to check the validity of emails:
In conclusion, it’s important to know that the validation of emails is a critical cog to email marketing success. Without a clean email list, you cannot maintain low spam rates or keep up your email sending reputation. As suggested above, validate emails before sending them.
Want to explore fascinating facets of email deliverability?
Learn from the best & gain a competitive edge for your email campaigns